Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Grace Makes an Impression!

Catherine Adams, http://www.inkslingerediting.com, an editor who read Grace at War in July 2008, wrote this to me recently:

“There have been these strange moments when visions of Grace and her brother have popped up this summer. I've been working on a book about war (nonfiction), so that's probably why. Still it shows how the book sticks--it's those odd compelling images....One of those images that keeps coming back (and remember, this is memory, so it may not be exact) is Grace floating in the water and looking up....It's like I'm there, my ears below the surface of the water, time stopped, only the ripples of the water letting me know that this moment--like everything--will pass.”


Thanks, Catherine!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! It shows you have a powerful book. I am sure Catherine Adams reads a bazillion books each year so that is high praise. Save it for your back cover!

    ReplyDelete